Monday, May 2, 2016

Stardust from Willie

When I held Willie Nelson's hat while he sang "Georgia On My Mind," I thought he was singing only to me. Decades later, and I'm still smitten with The Redheaded Stranger, cowboys, renegades, Austin, and the ability to live life on one's own terms rather than by the expectations of others. With one of the most prolific libraries in music, Willie Nelson captivated us with songs such as "Crazy," "On the Road Again," "Blue Eyes Cryin' in the Rain," "Always On My Mind," and too many others to list here. His poignant lyrics mixed with his unique timing and tone have left an indelible footprint on the music industry just as his renegade lifestyle has left us longing for his unique mix of religion, family, loyalty, with an ability to discount disapproving opinions. When you're ready to see life through the "Blue Skies" of this American icon, read Willie's new memoir: "It's A Long Story: My Life," by Willie Nelson with David Ritz.

St. Andrews from the Cathedral